At Plum, we recently welcomed five senior leaders – Akshay Golechha as Head of Partnerships, Avinash Nagla as Head of Enterprise Marketing, Ramya Lakshmanan as Head of Account Management, Shreyas Achar as Head of Digital Marketing and Vinod Chandramouli as Vice President of Sales.
The diverse set of leaders, with vast experience in their fields, will strengthen Plum’s leadership as it accelerates the adoption of group health insurance in India; making it accessible and affordable for companies, startups and SMEs alike. The leadership team will set their sights on challenging the status quo of the insurance industry.
Meet the Leaders
- Akshay Golechha, Head of Partnerships, joins with a strong background in private equity-investing. Prior to this, he worked at Singapore-based Temasek where he focused on investing in India’s leading insurance and consumer majors.
- Avinash Nagla joins Plum as Head of Enterprise Marketing and will be responsible for setting up its demand-generation strategy. Prior to Plum, Avinash headed Marketing for the EMEA region at HighRadius, and also scaled the Global Account-based Marketing function. Avinash comes with over 10 years of experience in B2B and B2C marketing.
- Ramya Lakshmanan comes with over 14 years of experience across multiple disciplines from software development, project management and consulting to global customer service. As Head of Account Management at Plum, she will be responsible for customer retention, satisfaction, engagement and delivering value.
- Shreyas Achar has over 12 years of experience in building and growing marketing teams at companies such as Razorpay and CleverTap. As Head of Digital Marketing, he will oversee marketing strategy, branding and positioning campaigns and performance optimisation across channels; from acquisition to engagement and retention.
- Vinod Chandramouli, joins Plum as Vice President – Sales and will be responsible for implementing Plum’s growth strategy. Vinod headed the ASEAN Business at Freshworks and helped set up its Asia region operations. In his six years at Freshworks, he also ran its Global Presales organisation.
Saurabh and I are delighted to have onboard a diverse leadership that believes in our mission of insuring 10 million lives by 2024. Together, we will accelerate the pace of health insurance adoption across businesses; large and small alike. The depth of experience and insight they bring will help invigorate our organisation and sustain the growth momentum we’ve gained.
The new leaders join our 100-plus strong team — the only defensible moat in our business and the long-term differentiator between us and our competitors.
Plum is building an ecosystem to cover India’s ‘missing middle’ that does not have access to affordable health insurance. Further, as it scales, the company is building a platform that combines insurance with comprehensive health and wellness facilities for all companies that care for their employees and think health-first. We have witnessed a strong pull from fast-growing startups and are currently working with over a 1,000 organisations including unicorns, such as Unacademy, Slice and Groww.
Say hi on Twitter.